Services for Visitors
- On-site paid parking for cars is available. Rates and directions.
The museum has no bus parking, but some free spaces are available on the street.
Find out more about where to park your bus.
- Electric vehicles can plug in at one of our two charging stations. (Fees apply).
- Bicycle racks are available at the museum.
Coat Room and Lockers
- The museum has unsupervised racks where you can hang your coat.
- The lockers are closed temporarily.
We are not lending strollers this time.
Personal strollers are permitted in the museum, but we encourage you to avoid using them in order to avoid the wait for the elevator by taking the stairs, when possible.
We recommend that you park your stroller in the designated zone upon entry and walk with children and toddlers "in hand".
The museum is wheelchair-accessible. More information about accessibility.
Visiting with Kids
- Assisted toileting (family) washrooms are located on the second, third and fourth floors.
- All washrooms have a changing station.
- A nursing room is on the ground floor.
Visitors can access free wireless Internet in the museum.
Café and Eating Areas
- Nature Café is closed temporarily
- Vending machines are available with a selection of beverages and light snacks, but limited eating areas are available
- You may bring food to eat in the designated eating areas
- Bring your own water to drink; water fountains are closed, but we have a bottle-refill water station.
Proof of vaccination is required for those aged 12 and older to access the eating area inside the museum. You can show either of the following as proof:
- A vaccination certificate and identification that has your name and date of birth
- A vaccination passport (vaccination passports will be available in Ontario as of October 22).
There is no longer a bank machine (ATM) on site. The museum is doing contactless payment; no cash is being accepted at this time, except at some parking pay stations.
We sell gift certificates for membership and admission. Buy them
- 613.566.4700 or 1.800.263.4433 (Canada and U.S.A.).
- There is a pay phone near the theatre entrance.
- Cell/mobile phone signals are good almost everywhere in the museum.
Dinosaurs, toys, minerals and more! Discover an exciting selection of souvenirs at the Nature Boutique.
Photography and Location Shoots
- Visitors may take personal memento photos inside the museum during their visit, except where otherwise noted. Additional lights and tripods are not permitted.
- For your wedding or other event, you may have photos taken in the museum or on the grounds. Fees and conditions.
- The museum offers many unique backdrops for commercial, educational, media-related and fashion location shoots (film and photo). More information.