Paid parking is available on the Canadian Museum of Nature grounds.
Time for Parking
Parking at the museum can fill up on weekends and holidays.
Give yourself enough time to find alternative parking if necessary so that you are not late for your entry time.
- Standard rate: $3 per half hour (4:30 am to 4:30 pm). Vehicles that enter the lot before 4:30 pm will be charged the standard rate for the entirety of their stay.
- Maximum of $14 per day (until 4:30 am).
- Evening flat rate: $5 (4:30 pm to 4:30 am) Vehicles must enter the parking lot at 4:30 pm or later for the evening flat rate to apply.
- Charges accumulate (evening and next day) for vehicles that are parked overnight.
- Using the pay station in the museum during opening hours: Cash, VISA, MasterCard (there is no ATM/bank machine on site)
- Using the pay station at the parking-lot exit gate: VISA, MasterCard.
Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles
- Two stations in our west parking lot
- 240 volts, level 2, SAE-J1772
- $1 per hour
- Part of the FLO network.
For tour and school buses, there is a passenger drop-off area on the east side of the museum.
Four bus-parking spaces are available near the museum, on Metcalfe Street. The museum parking lots cannot accommodate buses. Download the map for buses (PDF).
You can also find free or paid parking for tour buses in downtown Ottawa and in Gatineau, Quebec. Visit the City of Ottawa website for more information.
Insight / City of Ottawa © Canadian Museum of Nature
Bicycle racks are iavailable for cyclists at the museum.
Visitors with Disabilities
- The museum has reserved parking for visitors with disabilities.
- There is a drop-off area near the main entrance of the museum.
- 1.800.263.4433 (toll-free in Canada/U.S.A.)