Nature Inspiration Awards
The Nature Inspiration Awards recognize individuals and organizations whose specific projects encourage Canadians to take an interest in natural history, create links with nature and contribute to its preservation.
Nominations are now open for the 2021 Nature Inspiration Awards.
You may submit an application or a nomination for a third party in one of these categories:
- Not-for-Profit Organization (Small and Medium)
- Not-for-Profit Organization (Large)
- Community Action
- Sustainable Business.
Meet the individuals, organizations and businesses whose outstanding accomplishments are honoured by the Nature Inspiration Awards.
Dates to Remember
June 4, 2021
Deadline to send nominations.
Announcement of finalists.
November 24, 2021
Prizes Offered to the Winners
- One Grand Prize of $5000 in each category. Each winner then gives this prize to a nature-related programme of his or her choice
- For Adult, Lifetime and Youth winners: The Canadian Museum of Nature will sponsor membership in the Canadian International Union for the Conservation of Nature
- National recognition through different media, including press release, advertisement in The Globe and Mail and The Walrus, social media, brochure and the Nature Inspiration Awards web pages
Prizes Offered to the Finalists
- National recognition through different media, including press release, advertisement in The Globe and Mail and The Walrus, social media, brochure and the Nature Inspiration Awards website
Shelley Ambrose, Executive Director/Co-Publisher, The Walrus
Caitlyn Baikie, Education Policy Advisor, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
Carolynn Beaty, Director of Granting, The Sitka Foundation
Jack Cockwell, Chairman/CEO, Partners Limited
Philip Crawley, Publisher, The Globe and Mail
Dolf DeJong, Chief Executive Officer, Toronto Zoo
John Geiger, CEO, Royal Canadian Geographic Society
Danika Goosney, Vice-President, Scholarships and Fellowships, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
Geoff Green, Founder and Executive Director, Students on Ice
Erica Thompson, Senior National Director—Conservation Engagement and Development, Nature Conservancy of Canada
Meg Beckel, ex officio, President and CEO, Canadian Museum of Nature
Previous Finalists and Winners
In order to fully access some of the content on this page, you may need to download the following:
Supported by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
Supported by BDO Canada LLP
Not-for-Profit Organization (Small and Medium) Award
Supported by Ontario Power Generation
Not-for-Profit Organization Award (Large)
Supported by Polar Knowledge Canada (POLAR)
Community Action Award
Supported by NASCO Building Cleaning Inc.
Supported by The Mosaic Company