Visiting with Kids
A day at the Canadian Museum of Nature is non-stop fun for kids of all ages!
Family Fun, Crafts and More
Check out the information below to see all the family activities and plan your day.
- We have identified crafts, activities, presentations and games that are especially suitable for kids younger than 13.
- All of the activities on offer for the general public, including HD movie showtimes and lecture programmes. Some of these activities may be fun for your family too.
In Our Galleries
All of our galleries and exhibitions feature interactive activities that are a fun way to learn. There are also special play areas where children can transform into a scientist, an explorer, or even a black bear!
RBC Blue Water Gallery
- Become an explorer and dive into the depths of the ocean in our research submersible.
- Climb aboard our Arctic research vessel and perform the tasks of a scientist.
- And don't forget the RBC Blue Water Gallery's star attraction, a real skeleton of a blue whale, as well as the specimens in the three aquariums.
Vale Earth Gallery
- In the Vale Earth Gallery, play interactive games and match objects with the metals used to make them.
- Observe crystals and minerals under a microscope.
- Flip through our original comic book that tells the astonishing story of the Buzzard Coulee meteorite, which fell in Canada in 2008. More than 130 fragments have been found to date.
- Who isn't intrigued by the northern black widow spider, the long Pacific banana slug or the twig-like common walkingstick?
- If your kids like creepy-crawly little critters, then they will love Animalium—home to 25 different species of invertebrates and amphibians.
Talisman Energy Fossil Gallery
- Your children won't soon forget their encounter with the life-sized Daspletosaurus torosus and its impressive teeth in the Talisman Energy Fossil Gallery!
- The Extinction Theatre’s spectacular sound and light show explains how the dinosaurs disappeared. (May not be suitable for very young children).
- The "animal theatre" in the Mammal Gallery remains a favourite with kids. They can jump into a bear costume or create their own animal puppet shows.
- Grab a stethoscope and try your hand as a veterinarian at the bird clinic in the Bird Gallery. Learn how to repair a broken wing and care for eggs.