Moths at Large
The hidden beauty of moths explodes in full.
Winged Tapestries presents 45 impressive, large-format prints of moths by photographer Jim des Rivières.
To create these fascinating, larger-than-life images, des Rivières scans each moth specimen at a very high resolution. The results are spectacular: huge images in which unexpected colours and intricate patterns reveal themselves.
Visitors describe the exhibition as unforgettable.
- 45 photographic prints; birch frames range in size from 33" × 45" to 89" × 45"
- labels and six interpretive panels
- customization is optional (e.g., more or fewer prints; addition of prints featuring moths from your area)
- merchandise includes prints, posters, show catalogue, note cards
- a free iPad app based on the exhibition is available in English, French and Spanish
- up to 90 running metres (330 linear feet)
- storage for four shipping crates
- security and environmental controls
- loan fee: $11 940
- fee includes insurance
- shipping fees and fuel surcharge are extra
- loan period: 12 weeks or more
- contact us to find out when this exhibition is available
Information and Reservations
- Tel: 613.566.4211
- Toll-Free: 1.800.263.4433
- TTY: 613.566.4770.
Where to See It
To book this exhibition, or for more info:
• Tel: 613.566.4211
• Toll-free: 1.800.263.4433.
- Medicine Hat, Alberta
January 23, 2017 – May 14, 2017
Esplanade Arts and Heritage Centre
- Saint John, New Brunswick
June 1, 2015 – January 3, 2016
New Brunswick Museum
- Peterborough, Ontario
January 17, 2015 – March 29, 2015
Peterborough Museum and Archives
- Rimouski, Quebec
April 15, 2014 – November 2, 2014
Musée régional de Rimouski
- New York, New York
September 29, 2012 – September 29, 2013
American Museum of Natural History (AMNH)
- Edmonton, Alberta
February 18, 2012 – September 3, 2012
The Royal Alberta Museum
Winged Tapestries features the art of Jim des Rivières and is produced by the Canadian Museum of Nature.