Featuring images akin to modern art, Lichens shows the wide range of colour and form seen in lichens.
The Canadian Museum of Nature's own Irwin Brodo dedicated his research life to the study of lichens. These stunning photos were selected from Dr. Brodo's book, Lichens of North America. They were taken by his co-authors Stephen and Sylvia Duran Sharnoff.
Lichens are unique life forms, found on every continent, and they can grow in frigid polar regions, harsh deserts, and even in your own backyard.
So look around! You'll be surprised where you can spot these fascinating organisms.
- 16 photographs
- introduction panel
- two content panels explaining lichen colour and form
- approximately 100 running feet
- frame sizes: four frames at 28″ × 42″, and 12 frames at 20″ × 28″
- storage for one shipping crate
This exhibition is also available in digital format. Contact us for details!
- security and environmental controls
- loan fee starts at $4335
- fee includes insurance
- shipping fees are extra
- loan period: 12 weeks or more
- contact us to find out when this exhibition is available
Where to See It
To book this exhibition, or for more info:
• Tel: 613.566.4211
• Toll-free: 1.800.263.4433.
- Cambridge, Ontario
November 1, 2016 – April 30, 2017
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
- Tainan, Taiwan
November 1, 2015 – February 28, 2016
Tree Valley Life Science Museum