Flora of the Canadian Arctic
The Arctic is a beautiful but harsh environment. Surprisingly, a variety of plant life grows there.
Through large scans of selected specimens, you will see an impressive array of these delicate northern beauties in Flora of the Canadian Arctic.
Some of these specimens were collected 100 years ago (1913–1916) by members of the ambitious Canadian Arctic Expedition. Others were collected on recent trips by scientists from the Canadian Museum of Nature.
These plants are preserved in the museum's National Herbarium of Canada.
16 framed herbarium sheet reproductions
- 8 are historic from the Canadian Arctic Expedition
- 8 are contemporary collection from the museum's Arctic plant collecting
- 1 introduction panel and 3 interpretive panels
- 100 linear ft.
- frames are approximately 46″ × 66″
- storage for one shipping crate
- security and environmental controls
- loan fee $4085
- fee includes insurance
- shipping fees are extra
- loan period: 12 weeks or more
- contact us to find out when this exhibition is available
Where to See It
To book this exhibition, or for more info:
• Tel: 613.566.4211
• Toll-free: 1.800.263.4433.
- Montréal, Quebec
February 23, 2015 – March 15, 2015
Atrium Le 1000