Head, Accounting and Budget Services
Head - Accounting and Budget Services Finance
Permanent full-time position
$77,773 to $95,383 per year
Work location is in Gatineau, Québec (Aylmer sector)
DUTIES: Reporting to the Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer, the position is responsible for the development of policies, procedures and services as well as managing all institutional budgets and financial reporting functions while ensuring that all are aligned with Government of Canada policies, practices for crown corporations and the Museum’s business strategies and plans. The position also manages the interface of the Museum’s internal and external audits.
*Please note this is a non-unionized position.
OPEN TO: Employees of the Canadian Museum of
Nature and the general public who meet the following qualifications:
EDUCATION: Completion of a University degree, preferably in a field relevant to financial management1, and a professional accounting designation.
 This normally includes a Bachelor of Commerce, a Bachelor of Business Administration, a Bachelor of Accounting or a Masters in Business Administration. Degrees in Economics, Mathematics or other relevant subjects will also be considered, if sufficient accounting and finance courses were taken.
English and French are essential.
Bilingual imperative (CBC/CBC)
- Minimum of 8 years post-designation experience;
- Significant experience managing the financial reporting process;
- Significant experience interacting with internal and external auditors;
- Experience managing the financial planning process, including budgeting and forecasting;
- Experience providing advice, guidance, and interpretation of appropriate accounting standards, as well as legislative and statutory requirements regarding financial issues and the financial management framework of the organization;
- Experience managing accounting and cash management operation;
- Experience developing and implementing control frameworks, including accounting systems, policies and procedures;
- Experience in managing human and financial resources and working in highly computerized environment.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO:
Canadian Museum of Nature - Human Resources
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State competition NO. CMN-2090-18-OC-008. Statement of qualifications are available by contacting the above e-mail address.
All candidates must submit a cover letter outlining how their experience and training meet the basic requirements listed above.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list of potential candidates that may serve to staff similar positions.
The Canadian Museum of Nature is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please advise the Human Resources Advisor in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
The Museum supports employment equity.
CLOSING DATE: February 22, 2018