Assistant, Human Resources
Assistant, Human Resources
$54,477 to $66, 213 per year
Temporary full-time position for 1 year
*Work location is in Gatineau, Québec (Aylmer sector)
DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Pay & Benefits Advisor, yet officially reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant is accountable for clerical payroll duties and acts as the back-up to the Museum’s Pay & Benefits Administrator. The Human Resources Assistant aids the Human Resources Department in creating, compiling and maintaining employee records. Additionally, the position supports the daily administrative operations of the Human Resource Department and interacts with employees, management and other stakeholders.
OPEN TO: The general public and employees of the Canadian Museum of Nature who meets the following qualifications:
EDUCATION: Post-secondary level education in human resources, administration or a relevant field from a recognized academic institution or equivalent experience and training.
English and French are essential
Bilingual imperative: BBB/BBB
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in payroll and benefits administration.
- Recent experience in dealing with various legislation, regulations and policies relevant to payroll, benefits, pension, income tax, insurance.
- Experience in input, audit and analysis of discrepancies in the computation of payroll entitlements and deductions for employees
- Recent experience using payroll software, HRIS systems, Microsoft Office and preparation of reports for HR management
- Familiarity with the production and balance of remittance reports authorizing payments of federal and provincial income tax, insurance contributions, pension, charities and union dues.
- Recent experience providing support to a Human Resources department in the areas of employee engagement, recruitment, performance management, legislated programs (Official Languages, Employment Equity and Multiculturalism) and HR programs projects.
- Recent experience providing support with researching and analyzing HR trends and issues.
*Recent is defined as experience gathered outside of a program of studies, within the past four (4) years.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY E-
State competition NO. 2090-CMN-18-OC-009. The job description and the statement of qualifications are available by contacting the above e-mail address.
NOTE: All candidates must submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining how their experience and training meet the basic requirements listed above.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list of potential candidates that may serve to staff similar positions.
The Canadian Museum of Nature is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the Advisor, Human Resources should you require accommodation to attend an interview or participate in the selection process.
The Museum supports employment equity.
CLOSING DATE: March 26, 2018